Dear all,

Hope you are all well.

As I'm sure many of you will have seen, the UN have now devised and committed to a new set of goals replacing the Millennium Development Goals which will take us to 2030: the Sustainable Development Goals<http://www.globalgoals.org/>.

I think one element of the goals (as was probably the case with the MDGs, though I haven't looked into it) is that partnerships, programmes, initiatives etc. can be linked to and work with the SDGs and affiliated/official organisations to contribute to the goals.

Obviously higher education has a significant part to play in all of these: could this perhaps be a good platform from which to drive the case for aim oriented research and inquiry, and where required knowledge is thought through and correctly, rationally identified and (inter/multidisciplinary) efforts are coordinated  towards a clearly defined goal? I'd be interested to hear what people think; how universities can be directly engaged with these goals and what we and other like-minded people might be able to do to make this happen.

Some interesting questions asked in this article (not least how success is measured): https://theconversation.com/explainer-what-are-the-un-sustainable-development-goals-48126

Hope it's of interest!

Best,

Will

Will Wade
Programmes and Projects Coordinator
Leadership Foundation for Higher Education
Peer House, 8-14 Verulam Street
London WC1X 8LZ

T: 020 3468 4825
www.lfhe.ac.uk<http://www.lfhe.ac.uk/>