Open position:  Research Associate in Dynamic Adaptive Search-based Software Engineering - Ref:1483179

UCL Department / Division: Computer Science
Grade: 7
Hours: Full Time
Salary (inclusive of London allowance): £33,353 to £40,313 per annum

Duties and Responsibilities

Applications are invited for a Research Associate post on an EPSRC-funded grant, DAASE, in the CREST center at UCL, working in the general area of Software Engineering, supervised by Professor Mark Harman and Dr. Yue Jia.

We are interested in recruiting the best talent we can find to assist with the overall agenda of dynamic adaptive search based software engineering. We are particularly interested in candidates who are able to apply computational search to problems in dynamic adaptive software engineering, underpinned by rigorous experimentation, and empirical evaluation. The project itself, is a programme grant, which has a very wide remit, and therefore we can consider applicants with a wide variety of backgrounds, expertise, and intentions for this project. Our overriding essential requirement is recent publication in the first tier software engineering venues.

Funding for this appointment runs until 31 May 2018. Further funding to support the post may be available.

Key Requirements

Candidates should have recently graduated with a PhD in a relevant subject such as software engineering, computational search, machine learning, programming languages or program analysis. Publication in first-tier software engineering venues is essential. An aptitude for research in adaptive search based software engineering is also essential.

Further Details

A job description and person specification can be accessed at the bottom of this page. Please read these carefully before applying. To apply for the vacancy please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below. http://tinyurl.com/ngxxtb2

For all administrative enquiries please contact Katie Bourke ([log in to unmask]).

If you would like to discussion your application informally please contact Professor Mark Harman ([log in to unmask] ) and Dr Yue Jia ([log in to unmask]).

UCL Taking Action for Equality

Closing Date: 14 Oct 2015
Interview date: Interviews will take place in October/November 2015. When applying please ensure that you are able to attend to present a talk and be interviewed in October/November. We shall not be able to re-arrange the interview date should you be unable to attend