***Apologies for cross-posting***

REMINDER: INVITATION TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT ON MINIMUM INCOME PROTECTION IN EUROPE for

An international seminar hosted by the Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp, Belgium

25-27 November 2015

The occasion for the seminar is the approaching launch of a state-of-the-art tax-benefit hypothetical household tool (HHOT) based on EUROMOD. The aim of the seminar is to map the state of the art in knowledge on minimum income protection in Europe and to draw an agenda for future research. We encourage both papers that deal with issues that are commonly addressed with simulation tools (e.g. the adequacy of minimum income benefit payments, work incentives, …) and research that aims to contextualize the results of simulations (e.g. non-take up, the role of discretionary benefits). We encourage to submit in particular scholarly papers offering fresh ideas on minimum income protection research and/or addressing one of the following items:

-          The non-take up of social rights

-          The coverage of minimum income protection

-          Regional or local variations in minimum income protection

-          The design and administration of means tests

-          The trade-off between generosity and work incentives

-          The role of discretion in minimum income protection

-          The role of publicly available goods, services and cost-compensating measures

-          The social, economic and psychological effects of minimum income protection

Keynote speakers: Jonathan Bradshaw (to be confirmed), Olivier Bargain and Herwig Immervoll.

We particularly welcome papers that highlight innovative approaches to data collection or analysis and take a cross-country comparative perspective. We invite submission of abstracts of no more than 300 words, to be submitted no later than 6 September 2015.

Please submit your abstract through the submission form following this link: https://inclusivegrowth.be/events/call29

If you have any questions, please get in touch with the organisers Tim Goedemé ([log in to unmask]) and Natascha Van Mechelen ([log in to unmask]).

Best wishes,

Natascha Van Mechelen

Tim Goedemé

_______________________________

Natascha Van Mechelen

Centrum voor Sociaal Beleid Herman Deleeck

Herman Deleeck Center for Social Policy

Universiteit Antwerpen

M01.78
Sint-Jacobstraat 2