Dear all,

In Argentina Social Sciences (in Education and other fields as well), in a
Spanish language journal one would tipically mention that some results come
from a dissertation entitled xxxx, presented at xxx institution in xxx date
and (it is sometimes mentioned) that the dissertion or thesis was
supervised by xxx.

This procedure does not imply that one is avoiding plagiarism but it means
both
a) a kind of acknowledgement of a huge own work that was approved by a
committee and that was guided by xxx supervisor, and
b) a contextualization of a portion of results that usually make part of a
bigger project.

Regards from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

---
Dra. Paula Carlino
Investigadora del CONICET
<http://www.conicet.gov.ar/new_scp/detalle.php?keywords=Paula%20Carlino&id=20016&articulos=yes>
en el Inst. de Lingüística de la Universidad de Buenos Aires
Directora del GICEOLEM <https://sites.google.com/site/giceolem/>
Nuestro grupo está también en Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giceolem/283957298444175> y en Twitter
<https://twitter.com/GICEOLEM>