And I'd have to disagree with this approach ;) I can’t tell a first-year science student to write a lab report the same way she would write a first-year English essay. If my Nursing students didn’t write their “critical reflections” exactly the way they are supposed to, they would get a lower grade. And if a junior scholar didn’t know the “language” of her field, she would have a hard time getting published in an academic journal. You have to know the rules before you break them.

Best,

Lucie.