Hi Peter,

Sounds like a very interesting project – looking forward to hear more

I have Danish (mostly from Copenhagen) examples of companies and employers who have an active and bike friendly policy, providing services etc. if that is of any use ?

All the best, Anne

From: Cycling and Society Research Group discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of peter andrews
Sent: 17. september 2015 13:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Cycle-friendly employers

Dear all

My book Bike Healthy: How Cycling Will Help You Look Good Feel Good & Quite Possibly Live Longer, was published earlier this year. Several members of this forum contributed ideas and I am extremely grateful!

I'm here again asking for your input relating to my next project. I am currently looking at how employers have accommodated cyclists, both in terms of good facilities, and also by promoting and encouraging cycle commuting.

I am looking for examples of good practice at employers, large or small, private or public sector, in the UK. It might be a single innovative measure that an employer has introduced, a programme of activities, a generous incentive, or a great facility that they have created. Can you help?

GlaxoSmithKline in West London has been the cyclist's pin-up for several years, but I'm sure there are many other contenders out there. If you know of a cycle-friendly employer and, ideally, have a contact's name that you are able to share I would be most grateful.

Best regards

Peter Andrews

(P.S. If you work for a UK local authority or the NHS (that means a .gov.uk or a .nhs e-mail address) you’re welcome to a free copy of Bike Healthy. Please e-mail me.)