Also running 14.04, this has been a problem running on Ubuntu for some time, depending on the hardware. It's linked to the display of labels, so turning them off fixes things, though As far as I know, there are some workarounds out there, but no fix yet. See the previous threads:

[log in to unmask]">https:[log in to unmask]
[log in to unmask]">https:[log in to unmask]

Oliver's workaround has been good enough for me so far, but it's treating the symptom, rather than the root cause. I still have to manually remove labels fairly often.

Shane Caldwell
McGill University