On 21/09/2015 21:58, Suzanne wrote:
> I'm trying to export the dots generated by running HOLE in Coot on my protein and open them in pymol.  With the latest version of Coot I can export a .dat file that seems to contain the coordinates of the dots, but I can't open it in pymol.  One option that occured to me is to edit the .dat file to make a 'fake' PDB file with hydrogens at the coordinates where the dots were, but I wondered first if anybody has an easier way to do it.

Dear Suzanne,

Well done on finding the .dat file.

This is a question for the Pymol list.  It should be trivial to make a
Graphical Object (as Coot would call it) from the dat file in PyMol.  A
few lines of code, I'd say.  Send off a few lines of the .dat file and
see what the come up with (I don't know how to do it.)  I'd be
interested to know the answer.  I'm pretty sure that faking a PDB file
is not the right way.

Regards,

Paul.