Dear Group,

I am speaking at the gasworks MGP 2015 symposium in Ghent later this year (http://mgpsymposium.com/) and in support of this I would like to conduct a survey to assess the application of organic bioaccessibility testing to human health risk assessment in the UK. If you have any involvement in this aspect of risk-based land management I would be very grateful for your participation. Please could you respond to me directly via [log in to unmask] and I will collate the responses and summarise the results to the group. I have adopted the word 'use' in the questions but this refers to implementation, commissioning, reviewing and/or using the test / test results.

The survey questions are as follows:

  1. Which method(s) of bioaccessibility testing have you used?
  2. Which pathway did you apply the test to?
  3. At how many sites have you used the test?
  4. What context were the test results used e.g. derivation of site specific risk assessment criteria prior to remediation, derivation remediation targets?
  5. Which substances were tested e.g. BaP, PCB-118?
  6. Would you be willing to share the results of the test with me for collation i.e. number of samples, averaging area, % bioaccessible fraction for each sample (anonymity of sample location assumed)?
  7. What difference did the results make to the decision making process e.g. increased site specific assessment criteria and therefore reduced remediation?
  8. What other lines-of-evidence did you use to support the test results?

When responding please can you state your name, affiliation, position and whether you would mind being contacted to follow up on any of your answers. If you are responding as a lab then I understand that some of the questions might not apply. Thank you very much in advance for your assistance.

Best wishes,

Darren
-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------