Išd love to hear more from those new to conferences what makes a good
workshop. I think that different people often want different things, but I
could be wrong about that!

For facilitating, my top tip is to always keep it interactive. If you have
to convey a lot of information, can you break it up so therešs never any
more than a few minutes of you talking before therešs an activity?

Donšt be scared to talk to set up activities, but do divide it into
chunks. For example, at a workshop Išm doing with a colleague on Monday,
we need to tell people about WEMI and about how to recognise an RDA
record, and whereas in a paper wešd have that flowing together, for the
workshop, wešve got WEMI explanation, WEMI activity, RDA recognition, RDA
activity.

In good workshops, youšre really a facilitator with a big bag of
activities, which makes it easier / less daunting for some people and
harder / more daunting for others depending on your teaching style. :)