Thanks everyone, it worked. Sorry for not seeing the obvious

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Harry Powell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Ed

(*) You can edit the phi angles in the “Images” pane - left-click twice (i.e. click-pause-click, *not* double-click) on the values you want to change - the field changes colour and you can enter the values you want. They will be propagated through all subsequent images in the sector.

This is documented in the online tutorial (immediately before Section 4 - Image Display.

(*) I’d need to see the images to work out why the spot finding is not working as expected - can you send me a couple off-line?

(*) If you go to the “History” pane, then select the “Log” tab at the bottom, a scrollable light-green on dark-green display is visible, and you can search through this for the reasons why the spots have been rejected.

(*) If you use the “three images” icon, you select the images (and find spots on them) by double-clicking the circular icon next to the image - BUT it’s much more convenient to type the image number(s) in the entry box with the automatically chosen images.

(*) You shouldn’t need to convert the Excalibur images to Mar format - unless Oxford (Agilent, Rigaku…) have changed the format they write their native images in. We used the Mar converted format for about a month or so when the detectors were first marketed (in 2003 IIFRC), but Mathias Meyer spent a couple of days with me then to make sure we could read the native images properly.

(*) The image display can be a little confusing - it uses the internal Mosflm frame of reference, which may not be what you see when looking at the physical machine - but that shouldn’t be a problem, because we take that into account when doing the calculations.

HTH

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Francis Crick Avenue, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge CB2 0QH
Chairman of International Union of Crystallography Commission on Crystallographic Computing