Hi Ben,
Have you tried P21 as a possible solution? I assume your density in your solution appears better than the r-values suggest?
Plug for XDS, you could try processing your data with XDSGUI (Google in combination with Konstanz). You might be able to squeeze some more information out of your data through 3D profile integration.

Jürgen

Jürgen Bosch
Johns Hopkins University
Bloomberg School of Public Health
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute
615 North Wolfe Street, W8708
Baltimore, MD 21205
Office: +1-410-614-4742
Lab:      +1-410-614-4894