Dear Colleagues,

We invite applicants for a postdoctoral position in structural biology available in the newly established laboratory of Oren Rosenberg (rosenberg.ucsf.edu) at the University of California, San Francisco.  We use a combination of structural biology (X-ray crystallography and single particle EM), biochemistry and microbial genetics to elucidate fundamental mechanisms that underlie the function of macromolecular complexes involved in bacterial pathogenesis (for example Rosenberg et al., 2015 Cell). The ideal candidate will have published expertise in protein biochemistry, structural biology or related fields. We will also consider those with a strong expertise in microbial genetics.  Requirements for the position include (1) a PhD or MD/PhD degree (2) at least one first-author publication.

Please submit your application to [log in to unmask], including a CV, a very brief summary of your research experience and interests and the names and contact details of three referees.  Please tell us: why are you interested in our lab in particular and what plans do you have for fellowship applications?

We seek candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. UCSF is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employee. The University undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for underrepresented minorities and women, for person with disabilities, and for covered veterans. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities and women.

All the best,

Oren

Oren Rosenberg
Box 0654, HSE Rm. 409