Dear Mintu,

I believe very strongly that the intensity data obtained from data processing, before any further manipulation, should be deposited at the PDB.  There's also a good argument for depositing whatever data you used for refinement (e.g. data corrected and pruned by the anisotropy server and/or massaged by the French & Wilson algorithm to obtain amplitudes).  So the best is to prepare a file that contains both the original, unmassaged data and whatever data you used for refinement.  That will satisfy both of these concerns, and such data will be accepted by the wwPDB members.

Many of us have also argued that scaled but unmerged intensity data should be deposited at the PDB.  I don't think the PDB is quite set up for this to be done routinely yet, but it would be a great step towards being able to catch errors with space group determination.

Best wishes,

Randy Read

> On 11 Sep 2015, at 13:52, Mintu Chandra <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> I have used the anisotropy correction for one of my data set using the
> UCLA server. It helped me a lot to improve the B-factors. I want to
> know, can I submit the output .mtz file generated from the UCLA server
> in the RCSB or I have to submit the original mtz file before doing the
> anisotropy correction ?
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Regards,

------
Randy J. Read
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research      Tel: + 44 1223 336500
Wellcome Trust/MRC Building                   Fax: + 44 1223 336827
Hills Road                                    E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Cambridge CB2 0XY, U.K.                       www-structmed.cimr.cam.ac.uk