Again thanks all for your suggestions,
Dear Herman
For all the structures wt or mutant PISA is predicting to be a dimer.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 5:54 PM, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Pankaj,

Again a few remarks:

-          Is Pisa predicting a tetramer for the P6522 crystals, but not for the D32 crystals?

-          Or is the putative tetramer present in both crystal forms?

-          Would some of the putative tetramer contacts become stronger upon protonation at low pH? In that case one could consider changing the residues involved to their protonated counterparts (e.g. Asp->Asn).

Herman

Von: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von pankaj sharma
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 10. September 2015 14:01
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: Re: [ccp4bb] How different space groups affect interaction between symmetry mates of a protein and its mutant

Thanks for your valuable suggestions, to be more precise this protein is biologically dimeric in nature and we are getting same result through PISA. But during stressed conditions this wt protein forms tetramers (As seen in native gel), further mutant protein also forms tetramers under normal conditions (i.e. in the absence of stress, like low pH), so can we assume that the stronger interactions between symmetry mates seen in mutant w.e.t. wt protein are the cause of formation of tetrameric population even in the absence of stress in mutant. Further since PISA is predicting it to be  dimer can we predict the structure of higher order oligomerisation state based on symmetry analysis results as well as by doing some mutations at symmetry interface to prove that in solution also, these interactions persists and are responsible for oligomerisation of this protein. Also I want to add that mutations are not in the interaction interface.