Organisation of Black Unity presents

Malcolm X Study Circle
Why We Need Black Nationalism

The Political Legacy of Malcolm X

Thursday 17th September, 6.30pm
Curzon C001, Birmingham City University, Curzon Street, B4 7XG

Near Millennium Point

As part of Year X, we are running a series of study circles to discuss some of Malcolm X’s key ideas. If you are interested in learning more about one of the most misunderstood figures of the 20th century then come along to these free discussions.

When Malcolm X  was assassinated he was building the Organisation of Afro American Unity.  His political legacy has been hijacked, but at the end he was ‘a Black nationalist freedom fighter’.  In this session we will discuss what this politics means and the how OBU is continuing in the legacy of Malcolm X.

Event is free and all are welcome.

Dr Kehinde Andrews

Senior Lecturer in Sociology

School of Social Sciences,

Curzon Building, C334

Birmingham City University

Curzon Street, Birmingham B4 7XG

(+44) 121 331 5526

Author of Resisting Racism: Race, Inequality and the Black Supplmentary School Movement

Chair of Organisation of Black Unity

Co-Chair of Black Studies Association