It's a home made building block running on an inhouse VLE - we're using a 'local' database table that indicates which modules are available for request (so we can exclude old courses etc) and the building block API is used to add staff to courses.

On 29 September 2015 at 15:58, Andrew Hoang <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I really like the sound of London Met’s approach. Is the request form something built into Blackboard, is it a building block or is it something that London Met custom built?

From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sandra Heidecker
Sent: 28 September 2015 18:03
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Enroling instructors on courses

We get staff to enrol themselves through a request form, with a disclaimer stating that they need to be the course leader or authorised by the course leader to do so.

Works pretty well, and an email is fired off to all staff already on the module when someone requests access, so if there was a mistaken request they can contact us to take that instructor off. Out of a a few thousand enrolments per year, we tend to get a handful of staff contacting us to ask for other staff to be removed