From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of MURRAY M.R.
Sent: 09 September 2015 14:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: collaborate ultra building block

Be careful about exactly which version of the Collaborate Building block you use. I have posted at some length about this on the Bb Community site, but basically the latest building block allows you to define three options when staff and students click on the Collaborate tool within a course:

1. Everyone gets classic (java)

2. Everyone gets ultra (HTML5, but still feature-thin)

3. No access

4. By default everyone gets Classic, but you can specify a list of courses (delightful UI of course) that should get ultra instead, or no access.

Note the choice applies to everyone on the course and is made by the sys admin.

We haven’t experienced the problems that others described of being prompted to enter your name and address when entering the room via a link in Blackboard, unless you are using the mobile app and simply enter the URL to the room.

Clicking the buttons within Blackboard launches Ultra knowing who we are.

Malcolm.

Dr Malcolm Murray  FRGS FHEA CMALT PG Cert

eLearning Manager - Computing and Information Services  |  Honorary Fellow - School of Education

Durham University  |  South Road  |  Durham  |  DH1 3LE |  UK  |  http://tinyurl.com/wrtlrng  |  @malcolmmurray