The Library of Congress recently posted some information on strategies being used to manage ‘link rot’ and ‘reference rot’. As described in the post, these terms refer to the problem of hyperlinked web addresses that fail to lead the reader to the desired content, either because the link is rotten (not working at all) or because the content has been modified or changed. This has implications for the long-term integrity of web-based scholarly records.

We have been thinking about links here at State Records too, although from a different angle: when do you need to make a record of the content that is being linked to?

http://bit.ly/1L2WzNu
http://bit.ly/1L2WzNu+

--
Peterk