Hello all,

I am interested in hearing your ideas around the term "walking artist".

More specifically, I am wondering what you feel is generally implied when the term "walking artist" is invoked. Is it a reference to an artist that states walking to be their primary medium? An artist that uses walking as a method? A slow moving, or thoughtful artist? A creative walker? And furthermore: in what contexts is it useful to use the term "walking artist", and in what contexts is it a hindrance? Does one give up something when one becomes a walking artist? Why have we gravitated towards this particular phraseology?

I am writing from New York City, USA, where the culture of walking art, while growing, does not have the same type of cultural roots as it does in the UK.

Eager to hear your thoughts,
Dillon de Give