Dear Colleague

Just to remind you that the ATHE Annual Conference 2015 on 10th-11th
December at St Anne's College, Oxford
(http://www.st-annes.ox.ac.uk/conferences/ [1]).

This year, our theme is 'Creating Impact' and we are really pleased to
confirm that Prof Leo Jago of the University of Surrey has been
confirmed as our first keynote.

Panel speakers (including Prof Mike Weed, Canterbury Christ Church
University, Prof Anna Leask, Edinburgh Napier University, Prof Peter
Schofield, Sheffield Hallam University) from both industry and higher
education will provide us with the opportunity to reflect on our
experience of creating impact in the widest sense in Tourism in Higher
Education. We are including a PhD Colloquium for the second year to
encourage students to present at an established conference, meet
potential employers and get constructive feedback in a friendly,
supportive environment.

The emphasis at the conference is on encouraging discussion and debate,
so we ask you to present for just TEN minutes using no more than 3
PowerPoint slides; there will then be a further 10 minutes for
discussion of your paper.

We welcome abstracts around the following themes:

 	* CREATING IMPACT THROUGH RESEARCH
 	* CREATING IMPACT THROUGH PEDAGOGY: This includes all aspects of
teaching, learning and assessment.
 	* CREATING IMPACT WITH INDUSTRY AND GOVERNMENT
 	* CREATING IMPACT IN ACADEMIC PROFESSIONAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT: This
includes all aspects of professional development within our HEI's and
professional bodies such as the Higher Education Academy

It is expected that the papers will be delivered in many ways:
conceptual, discursive, critical, workshop based, experiential, or
information dissemination. We welcome delegates' perspectives on the
challenges that creating impact and getting the Tourism voice heard
bring to us in all realms of Higher Education.

 	* PHD COLLOQUIUM: Progress in Tourism & Events

Abstracts should include background, practical implications, methods
and/or data sources, and indicative findings of the paper. They should
be submitted by email to [log in to unmask] by 1ST OCTOBER 2015 using
the attached abstract form. All abstracts will be subject to a review
process.

We look forward to see you in Oxford.

The Executive Committee

THE ASSOCIATION FOR TOURISM IN HIGHER EDUCATION

http://athe.org.uk/ [2]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.st-annes.ox.ac.uk/conferences/