Dear Maria,

If you don't have CT of all the participants, I don't think it will be a
good idea to use it for your project. Otherwise you will have different
methods of co-registration within the same study. You can always perform
the registration of the PET directly to the [15O]water PET template from
SPM. In addition, the movement parameters are generally not included as
regressors in the model, while I assume that up to some degree you can
include them if you have enough degrees of freedom in your design and you
expect a substantial effect of the registration method in the results of
your analysis.

About the analysis it self, due to the characteristics of the PET studies
it is not usual to perform a 1rst level analysis as is done in fMRI. One
question here, do you have 12 PET different acquisitions per subject? That
is not frequent at all. In one study that we performed in our department,
we performed repeated acquisitions of [15O]water to the same patient, since
we tested different conditions under the scanner, but with other tracers
that [15O]water multiple PET acquisitions are extremely infrequent. Take
into account that repeated measurements are not properly analyzed in SPM,
so we used the SwE
<http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/statistics/staff/academic-research/nichols/software/swe>
toolbox for the analysis (maybe you can use in your design other tools such
as GLM Flex).

If you provide some extra information of your design and radiotracer, I may
give you more help.

Best regards,

David Vállez