Hi,

I have got some multiband fMRI data (MB factor 8) that I am trying to preprocess and model; however, I am not sure about a few of the steps that are different from single band data. From previous posts on this list I have gathered the following information:

- Slice timing: Here I specify the slice timing in ms for each slice (instead of the slice indices), which I get from the DICOM headers. In my case this is [0 367.5 735 122.5 490 857.5 245 612.5 0 367.5 735...]. I set the reference time to 0 ms.

- Realignment and coregistration: I realign all images to the SBRef images and use the SBRef image of the first run as source image during coregistration to align fMRI images to the structural image. For that purpose I put the SBRef images into the folders for each functional run, so that the SBRef image for run 1 is the first image in the run 1 folder, the SBRef image for run 2 is the first image in the run 2 folder, etc. Before modeling I take the SBRef images out of the folders again.

Are my steps correct so far? If not, would anyone be able to suggest what I have to change?

Regarding the modeling (1st level) I also have one question: The SPM documentation says to change the microtime resolution and microtime onset to the number of slices specified during slice time correction and the reference slice, respectively. As I mentioned above, I set my reference slice to 0ms, but when I try to change t0 to 0, I get an error ("Item 'Microtime onset', field 'val': Item must be an array of natural numbers"). Are these two fields best left at default values?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Kristina