Dear SPM experts,

Recently, I am very confused about the standard space in SPM. I just know that the standard template in SPM8 is in MNI space. However, today I have known that there are MNI305 and MNI152 space. Are there the same space (because there are all MNI space)? Which space is used in SPM software?  In the paper (Lancaster et al., 2007, hbm), they say "The initial template (MNI-305) was an average of 305 3-D MR brain image volumes, each registered to the 1988 Talairach Atlas brain [Evans et al., 1993; Collins et al., 1994]. The current template (ICBM-152) was formulated using higher-resolution MR images  acquired as part of the ICBM project [Mazziotta et al., 1995, 2001a,b], each registered to the MNI-305 template before averaging." So, the MNI-305 and MNI 152 are two different spaces, right?

Any help will be greatly appreciate.

Best,
Feng