Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for your answer.

I made sure SPM is on top of my path. I launched SPM as well to make
sure the subfolders and private folders were on the path.

I can epoch if I use the batch. However I want to write to my own code
to do it. I have copied most of the SPM code and it seems that the
built-in functions overload most of the MEEG methods. I am only able to
use the methods with the form D.method, but cannot do method(D). Methods
like fname(D) return this error:

Error using subsindex
Function 'subsindex' is not defined for values of class 'meeg'

which subsindex
built-in (C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2014b\toolbox\matlab\ops\subsindex)

I just updated SPM12. I have Matlab 2014b under Windows 7 enterprise 64b.

Why would this work fine when launching from the batch but not when
doing it myself? D.events(1,evtspm) works fine, D.fname as well.

Thank you!
Best,
Jessica