Hi Susan,
Thanks for responding.  My "mobile technology" is different from yours.  I'm specifically looking at a mobile app used by healthcare providers who are on a stroke team (includes emergency nurses, physicians, neurologists, paramedics, house supervisors and unit clerks).  I started out by just wanting to evaluate the "success" of it - and found out that this is not a simple task.  There are countless models and theories of technology evaluation, but realist evaluation seems to fit this technology because the context is so important.