A lot of work on inclusiveness of gender and sexual minorities has been done by the American Physical Society lgbt+physicists group (http://lgbtphysicists.org/). They were involved in a large Queer in STEM survey carried out last year, and published this year (http://www.queerstem.org/2015/08/first-peer-reviewed-paper-reporting.html).