Hi
I am having trouble which  I cannot fix where I am. It makes typing
tedious. So forgive if I am brief!  I must often resort to a software
kb.
It  was Galton and Simpsons.
Yes it's used in an accusing challenging way. I wanted that here. Yet
with only the one syllable it is soon passed, which may soften it a
little.
The word is used by Ron in Harry Potter & the order of the phoenix btw.