Oddly on the mark, Bill. Even if I don’t know half of it. Here, many still hold ‘garage slew,’ at which, I assume,people pick up more suff while others get rid of it…

Doug
On Aug 11, 2015, at 3:46 PM, Bill Wootton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Stuff sneaks up on you, squats, settles, millstones.
> Shifting stuff, trudgesome, fraught with unpredictability.
>
> Madness cassette, worth £35 to some Pom I've never met.
> INXS tape in a flip-top box wings its way to Belgium.
>
> Shintaro in purple tunic, brandishing sword left-handedly,
> on creased cardboard card starts an eBay bidding frenzy.
>
> But do you reckon anybody'll take this comfy chair?
> 27 views on Gumtree but no takers. Nor for the old fridge
>
> - still chills to the bone but who will travel, who heft?
> Washing machine, top-loader, clarifies but will not entice.
>
> Nor can a solid queen bed attract prone potentiality.
> Anti-capitalism thrives. Stuff, once it hits house, moulders.
>
> Only knick-knacks move. Hang on: a phone call -
> Someone wants my analog TV - good for video games.
>
> What's a fair price for televisual retrocity. How's free
> sound? Sounds good, he says. Finally, some vacancies
>
> opening up, carpet spaces clearing.  A Chinese takes
> a juicer and microwave for $100 and eyes off a water tank!
>
> Stuff comes in as light as a breeze, assumes its place.
> Asked politely to leave, it sulks, limpets, looms.
>
> Stuff this stuff. Feel the stuffing knocked out of me.
> At least redgum whittles down to comforting coals.
>
> bw

Douglas Barbour

Recent publications: (With Sheila E Murphy) Continuations & Continuation 2 (UofAPress).
Recording Dates (Rubicon Press).

	Done in by creation itself.

I mean the gods. Not us. Well us too.
The gods moved into books. Who wrote the books?
We wrote the books. In whose dream, then are we dreaming?

		Robert Kroetsch.