I would normally suggest a rough time frame e.g. 3-5 days/shifts, x weeks to a maximum of 4 weeks (usually average 1-2 for most) outlining the aim (rebuild task fitness,enabling how to learn to manage residual symptoms in work) and which type of tasks may need more support e.g. may need to reduce frequency of manual handling. Unless there is a specific temporary medical need for specific hours e.g . mobility issues and rush hour seating I specifically say that working hours etc are for management to decide with employee as per business needs.

Always worth remembering that the aim is work hardening not medical recovery per se

Regards

Carr