I posted this picture earlier with the wrong St. Genesius. Here is the corrected identification.

https://www.facebook.com/604882972899463/photos/a.624764970911263.1073741830.604882972899463/859261960794895/?type=1&theater

“At the start of the play Genesius lay down on the stage as if sick. Two other actors asked what was wrong. Genesius said he felt a weight that he wanted removed. Hence, two other actors, dressed as a priest and exorcist, were called in. They asked what he wanted. He replied, "A baptism." Thereupon, he said, he saw a vision of angels bearing a book with all his sins inscribed. The actor portraying the priest asked him: "My child, why did you send for me?"

At this point, Genesius claimed to actually see angels and asked to be baptized himself onstage. Enraged, Diocletian had him turned over to Plautia, prefect of the praetorium, for torture. When Genesius persisted in his faith, he was beheaded.”
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesius_of_Rome)
Should be on August 25? Also on this date:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesius_of_Arles – and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginés_de_la_Jara

Peace,

Matt H.

Curator, Austria/Germany Study Center; Rare Book Cataloger, Hill Museum & Manuscript Library (HMML)
Saint John's University, Collegeville, Minnesota 56321-7300

Phone:  320-363-2795; Fax:  320-363-3222

http://www.hmml.org

vHMML Blog ][ Rare Books Blog ][ Rare Books Wiki ][ Twitter ][ Matt’s Facebook ][ Austria/Germany Study Center on Facebook

Medieval Association of the Midwest (MAM)/Nuntia: Blog and website ][ MAM Facebook

ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus (1 Peter 4:11 / RB 57.9)