As well as Ann Matter's book already recommended by Vadim, Denys Turner's *Eros
and Allegory: Medieval Exegesis of the Song of Songs *(1995) is a wonderful
resource, both for his study and the accompanying anthology.

I used to teach some classes on the Song of Songs in medieval mysticism.
Often enough there was some surprise at the eroticism of this tradition,
but in one particular semester I had a class that responded very
negatively: they felt that these writers had "hijacked" erotic language to
which they were somehow not entitled. -- Paul

--
Paul Chandler, O.Carm.
Holy Spirit Seminary  |  PO Box 18 (487 Earnshaw Road)  |  Banyo Qld 4014
 |  Australia
office: (07) 3246 9888  |  home: (07) 3246 9894