Blantern promises library data improvement

It was a good idea to create a task force - if it has the right people and the right position and authority

However, the problem we have is that the Sieghart team appears not to have looked at any quantified data at all in arriving at its conclusions - and as a consequence the Task Force has been set the wrong priorities and may not have the right people on it

As Desmond says there is plenty of data and it does reveal a great deal. Its production and presentation need improvement

But the big issue - and it is urgent - is for the Task Force to identify the right priorities and the actions that are needed and how they can be taken

In my view those should be far more about the basic service 'for persons desiring to make use thereof' ( as The  1964 Act rightly says ) - and less about the needs of 'local government' or the agendas of other government departments

The figures for this year and next are going to be very poor  - that has to be addressed quickly

Tim Coates

Frances Hendrix
Martin House Farm, Hilltop Lane, Whittle le Woods, Chorley, Lancs, PR6 7QR
Tel:  01257 274 833.   Mobile: 0777 55 888 03