Dear All,

The last few tickets for the Northern Collaboration conference are available this week. Further details, full programme and booking are available at the following link:

http://www.northerncollaboration.org.uk/content/northern-collaboration-2015-conference-sponsored-oclc-uk

The 2015 Northern Collaboration Conference, sponsored by OCLC.

Date:    Thursday 10th September

Venue:  Rose Bowl Building, City Campus, Leeds Beckett University

Theme: Being digital: opportunities for collaboration in academic libraries.

Context: The digital environment offers many challenges and many opportunities, giving us the chance to re-think services and facilities and offer these in new ways to enhance the user experience.

At this time of tech savvy, fee paying students; Google scholar, 24/7 365 culture, the open access agenda for outputs and data (and more), how do we respond to these challenges and opportunities and how can collaboration provide better solutions?

Who are we collaborating with and who should we be collaborating with? How does and how might working together deliver the future? What lessons could we learn from collaborations overseas?

This conference will ask these questions and deliver some of the answers...

Strands:
•Physical spaces and services reconfigured for digital; quality of digital 'space'; shared spaces
•Research support; learning support; mobile learning; digital literacy, new models of scholarly publishing.
•Resources: access, content development, digital versus physical space.

Keynote Speakers: We are delighted to announce that our keynote speakers for the conference will be Fiona Parsons, Director of Academic Support at the University of Wolverhampton, and Professor Phil Cardew of Leeds Beckett University.

Best wishes

Emma Spivey Northern Collaboration Development Officer | T: 01642 738047 |

www.northerncollaboration.org.uk                images@NorthernCollab

cid:image004.png@01CFF76F.DE28F390