Hi Bev

These suggestions are based more on my recent time as a prison librarian, than current experience. Also dealing with reluctant readers who don’t want fiction though.

Musicians: whoever you’re students like

People who have won through the odds: eg Once an Addict, Woodward & Chamberlaine; Falling Down: Getting Up, Michael Harris; You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost), Felicia Day;

Entrepreneurs: Richard Branson’s quick read; Duncan Banatyne & other Dragons

Wild life heroes: Steve Irwin,  Dian Fossey, Jane Goodall

Comedians: Richard Ayoade; What the **** is Normal?!, Francesca Martinez; Brung Up Proper: My Autobiography, Jason Manford

Internet & TV personalities: KSI: I Am a Bellend, KSI (due out in Sept); Hello Life!, Marcus Butler; ME ME ME, Charlotte Crosby, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?: (And other concerns), Mindy Kaling;

Orange Is the New Black: My Time in a Women's Prison, Piper Kerman

LGBT: Proud: My Autobiography, Gareth Thomas; A Work in Progress, Connor Franta; Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?, Jeanette Winterson; Ellen DeGeneres - The Inspirational Life Story of Ellen DeGeneres: Well Loved Comedian and LGBT Advocate

Other: Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery, Henry Marsh; The Yorkshire Shepherdess by Amanda Owen; Orange Is the New Black: My Time in a Women's Prison, Piper Kerman; How to be a Woman, Caitlin Moran;

Hope these help

Lindsay

Lindsay Wallace

Head of Libraries and Learning Resources

(x 3731 Temporarily unavailable, please use Mobile no below)

07525 583776