Dear LIS-LINK subscribers,

As the SafeNet project enters its second year the team are hoping to take on small, one-off, data acquisition exercises with HE libraries over the next 6 months. The aim of these is to focus on collecting data around the cancellation and renewal of electronic journals. We would like to understand how the data used in regular library workflows can assist with the development of an entitlement registry that records asserted continuing access rights to subscribed content.

The SafeNet project consists of two key components: a private LOCKSS network and a registry of entitlement. These data acquisition exercises would assist the project team in understanding the challenges related to gathering entitlement data. Assistance from the community in understanding what the requirements are in real terms would be incredibly useful; specifically what data you have access to and what would you like us to take into consideration in making the registry usable and useful.

We would be very grateful for your input.  We do not wish to ask for much of your time;  ideally, we could talk to you a couple of times over the next few months to understand the steps and processes that you're going through, and we'll ask that you share relevant data with us to aid our understanding.  We would also like to understand how a registry of entitlement could help in your routine workflows (e.g. cancellation exercises, annual reviews etc.). If you foresee exercises like these coming up before the end of 2015 we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this work with you.

Please contact us at [log in to unmask] if you're interested.

Kind regards,
Robbie

Robbie Ireland | Project Officer | Edina
T: 0131 651 1319 | Skype: leagueofrobbie

Robbie Ireland | Project Officer | Edina
T: 0131 651 1319 | Skype: leagueofrobbie

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.