Dear List members,

I am putting out a call for support with providing school pupils with access to advice and resources so that they can compete in Teen Tech, a national STEM and innovation competition (All information about the competiton is on this website http://teentechevent.com/).

The competition is aimed at pupils from Yr7-13 and encourages individuals and groups of up to three members to devise solutions to problems that they see in the world. The ILG has started funding the Information Literacy Award that requires the groups to provided evidence that they have used a range of IL skills to undertake their projects. In order to do this we would like to ensure that pupils have the opportunity to have access to resources and guidance, when they need it. (The write up of the event can be found here http://www.informationliteracy.org.uk/2015/06/cilip-il-group-judges-new-teentech-award/)

Please could you let me know if you would be willing to be part of this support network. Teams start the challenge in September and submit in March for judging in June/July. Please could you also  let me know what resources they could use and how they could access them - would it have to be at the insitiution or is remotely possible. Would it be possible for the teams to ask research questions to a subject librarian or through a link person?

I would then be looking to set up regional networks that pupils from accross the country could access.

Please email me with any questions of if you are interested in finding out more at this stage!

Thank you,

Rebecca J

Dr Rebecca Jones
Learning Enrichment & Support Co-ordinator
Librarian
ILG School Rep

Malvern St James
Avenue Road
WORCS.
WR14 3BA
T: 01684 892288
Website: http://www.malvernstjames.co.uk
Registered Charity Number 527513

Confidentiality Notice
This email is sent on behalf of Malvern St James School. Its contents and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or addressee you should not copy, print, store or forward this email or any attachments. Please notify the sender immediately and then permanently delete the email and any attachments from your system.

Disclaimer
Although this email and attachments have been scanned for viruses and malware, Malvern St James accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this communication or for any liability arising from its content.

Monitoring of Email
Malvern St James may monitor the email traffic and the content of email for security and for its lawful business purposes.
Malvern St James, 15 Avenue Road, Great Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 3BA; website: http://www.malvernstjames.co.uk
Registered Charity Number 527513. Company Limited by Guarantee 232081; registered in England and Wales.

This email has been processed by Smoothwall Anti-Spam - www.smoothwall.net