Hi,

I'm still here. In the heady days of GP-UK (1999ish) when I had my first permenat Internet connection at home (ISDN) I would use GP-UK as my "Internet Heartbeat" I knew if I hadn't had a post on GP-UK in the last 60 seconds (any time day or night) that my connection had gone down. Now we can go 60 days without a post.

This may partly explained by Adrian's semi-retirement as he and Ahmad Risk were responsible for a suprisingly large percentage of the posts :) But it represents a broader change in General Practice and the way the Internet has developed.

There was a cohort of GPs who qualified in the 1980's who were the power house of primary care computing, These were my peers (in age at least - I'm not a clinician) and are now retiring. Is there a new generation and where are?

I don't see it in Primary Care - I struggle to name more that a couple of GPs under 40. I see a  more in secondary care and in movements like NHS Hack Day, HANDI, CCIO and Code4Health, but GPs are under represented in these groups.http://www.woodcote-consulting.com/nhs-hack-day-making-an-old-man-happy/ The BCS PHCSG (it was members of this that started GP-UK) struggles on and its Discuss list gets a bit more traffic than GP-UK (but not much) and is open only to BCS Members.  Have GPs gone to doctors.net (closed to me as a non-clinician)? You'll find some on Twitter and there are lots of groups on LinikedIN (although few with anything more than self-promotion and advertising)

Ewan