Hi,

I'm still here. In the heady days of GP-UK (1999ish) when I had my first
permenat Internet connection at home (ISDN) I would use GP-UK as my
"Internet Heartbeat" I knew if I hadn't had a post on GP-UK in the last
60 seconds (any time day or night) that my connection had gone down. Now
we can go 60 days without a post.

This may partly explained by Adrian's semi-retirement as he and Ahmad
Risk were responsible for a suprisingly large percentage of the posts :)
But it represents a broader change in General Practice and the way the
Internet has developed.

There was a cohort of GPs who qualified in the 1980's who were the power
house of primary care computing, These were my peers (in age at least -
I'm not a clinician) and are now retiring. Is there a new generation and
where are?

I don't see it in Primary Care - I struggle to name more that a couple
of GPs under 40. I see a  more in secondary care and in movements like
NHS Hack Day, HANDI, CCIO and Code4Health, but GPs are under represented
in these
groups.http://www.woodcote-consulting.com/nhs-hack-day-making-an-old-man-happy/
The BCS PHCSG (it was members of this that started GP-UK) struggles on
and its Discuss list gets a bit more traffic than GP-UK (but not much)
and is open only to BCS Members.  Have GPs gone to doctors.net (closed
to me as a non-clinician)? You'll find some on Twitter and there are
lots of groups on LinikedIN (although few with anything more than
self-promotion and advertising)

Ewan

--
Ewan Davis - Director - Woodcote Consulting Voice +44(0)207 148 7170
Mobile +44(0) 7774 272724 USA +1 347 688-8950 Skype ewan.davis (by prior