Correction: the launch takes place on 9 September. Sorry for the mistake and for double-posting.

Dear colleagues

This autumn the German Historical Institute London will be showing "Things We Keep: Curators of our own history", an exhibition of objects that German immigrants brought to Britain. Curated by researchers from King’s College London and the German Historical Institute and designed by artist Rolf Sachs, the project explores the narratives behind the things we keep and why we keep them. The exhibition runs from 10 September to 5 November 2015.

The exhibition will be launched with a talk by Dr. Inge Weber-Newth on “Home Ties: Objects in Migrants’ Lives” on 19 September 2015 at 6:00pm, to which you all are welcome. If you want to attend the launch, please register via https://thingswekeep.eventbrite.co.uk (only a limited number of tickets are available).

"Things We Keep" runs from 10 September to 5 November, Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm at the German Historical Institute, 17 Bloomsbury Square, WC1A 2NJ London. The GHI will also be open on Open House London, 9 September from 10am to 2pm.

If you want to find out more about the project, go to www.thingswekeep.org<http://www.thingswekeep.org/> or follow us on twitter @thingswekeep.

Sincerely yours
Tobias Becker
Dr. Tobias Becker