Dear all,

I just wanted to make you aware of a group of new resources, designed with and for creative practitioners, learning facilitators and community organisations hoping to engage with objects and collections in creative ways, put together as a legacy of the Talking Objects Collective object-based youth engagement project at the British Museum.

The resources are themed around four creative media which were key to the Talking Objects methodology: Drama and Performance, Dance and Movement, Art and Design, and Storytelling, and illustrate the potential offered by creative exploration in the British Museum. We have also brought together some of the adaptable object-based and warm up activities used in the Community Partnerships Team with various audiences.

While the resources are based on work bringing young people together with objects at the BM, the activities are designed to be adaptable for different audiences in different museums and gallery settings.

Resources can be found here: http://www.britishmuseum.org/about_us/community_collaborations/partnerships/talking_objects/talking_objects_resource.aspx

Many thanks,

Lorna

Lorna Cruickshanks

Community Partnerships Coordinator

Learning and National Partnerships

      T  (UK +44) 020 7323 8972

The British Museum

Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3DG

britishmuseum.org

Please note I work part-time at the Museum.