Hello GEMland!

After trawling the internet, I think you people might be the best to help me out here.  In a couple of weeks we are having a Roman day with my class (Y5/6).  We want to get them to build a Roman bridge that supports an egg or something - working in groups as a kind of team building activity also.  The type of bridge using the blocks that fit together and support each other - I'm sure you know what I mean.

Does anyone have instructions for what materials I might need to find (easy and free/cheap essential!) and how they might go about doing it?  I'm hopeless at engineering!  They have a couple of hours to do it in.

Thanks
Karen