Hi Robert,

I definitely want to hear about practical experience- thank you ever so!  Thank you also to GEM for seriously speedy response and offers of advice.

Your links were really interesting and interactive with the user. At the moment, NFC and iBeacon are not required.

I am interested in weighing up the pros and cons of other choices. The apps we are looking to create are predominantly like ‘trails’ and covers areas beyond our grounds so scanning etc not possible. It will feature lots of audio from oral histories. I have some questions for you as an experienced developer. Happy to take these the discussion off list- I don’t know how helpful this is to others? Is there anyone else going through this process?

Does a hybrid app necessarily mean poorer quality or less creativity?
I understand that Native, HTML5 and Hybrid all can use geolocation but which is best for a trail type app linked to audio recordings?
Ideally I would like to feature an ‘armchair’ option so that when offline or not in the area users can explore the app anyway. Which is best for that?
Thank you!

Helen

Helen Horler

Lead Consultant