Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 17:56:55 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Recommendations for visiting Italian museums & historic sites?
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi GEM Folk,
I have the great good fortune to be visiting Rome, Florence and Venice late September-early October this year. While I understand Italy is a little outside the normal GEM purview, I thought perhaps you all might have a little more experience than me, a poor Canadian museum educator so far away from the EU and perhaps able to visit only once ;-) Besides, I'm a little overwhelmed as we only have a couple of days in each city and the guide book/apps show SO MUCH to see!
So, a little advice, please? If you only had a day or two in each of these beautiful cities, which museums and historic sites would YOU visit? Hidden treasures/experiences that the ordinary tourist might miss? Anything special this time of year?
Thanks so much. Any and all advice warmly welcomed.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,Chris
M. Christine Castle, Ph.D.Consultant, Museum Education and Interpretation
 Whitby, Ontario, Canada