Good afternoon,

A question please for those of you who work in a university museum / gallery. Do any of your institutions have a communications officer post/s? Someone who works across a number of departments aiding communication both internally and externally. This may involve getting information out into the public realm about projects, events etc. but also managing internal websites updating information so all staff are kept informed of what is happening in the institution. Our museum and gallery is part of a wider team consisting of halls of residence, sports facilities, catering outlets etc. and we are looking at ways we can communicate more effectively – we are thinking that a communication officer role would greatly benefit the department.

Any job descriptions anyone has too would be most appreciated.

Thank you, kind regards,

Kirsty

Kirsty Hall

Education Officer, Victoria Gallery & Museum

University of Liverpool

Liverpool, L69 3DR

www.vgm.liv.ac.uk      Tel: 0151 794 2348