Hi Andre

Did you  go through the practical that I suggested two days ago? It answers your questions 1, 2 (see Page 14).

https://wustl.box.com/shared/static/n8pw64dba2tbiridhuzefxrhdmsabdr8.pdf

Regarding (3), I am not sure what you mean, this is an ASCII file that you can import in Matlab and treat it as any other array.

Cheers
Stam