Hi Akira,

These look mostly fine. The age hasn't been completely mean-centered (that
is, it has a non-zero mean that isn't negligible). Other than that,
everything seems fine.

The nuisance absorbs some of the variance that otherwise would to into the
residuals of the GLM. Since this variance can be explained by the model,
and the residuals become smaller, it is expected that the result for C1
(average laterality) become more significant, even if age alone fails to
reach significance (there is also the multiple testing correction that
makes any relationship less clear w.r.t. significance of the variables).

I'd say as done it's fine, just please, make sure that the age column as a
zero mean.

All the best,

Anderson

--