Hi Patrick,

With 3 groups, the procedure of running an F-test (ANOVA) across all
groups, then looking at the pairwise t-tests to see which group differences
are significant and driving the overall F-test, can be done, and the error
rate is controlled exactly.

However, with 4 or more groups, this procedure no longer guarantees control
over the error rate for all pairwise t-tests, and can expose you to
increased number of false positives.

The way to address this is, using the exact same data, design, and
t-contrasts, use the option "-corrcon" available in PALM. The F-test can be
dropped. The results will be saved in the file "cfwep" files. Use the
option "-save1-p" if you'd like 1-p values as the output, or "-logp" to
save as -log10(p).

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Anderson