This is great, Sandie! It will be really useful to me, although I do feel somewhat of an ugly duckling being concerned with the introduction of French rather than English! In fact I am wondering about stronger links with those involved in resarch into integrating children of immigrants into the language of their country of adoption. Of course that is a real bain linguistique which is not the same thing as French L2 in UK schools.
Congratulations again!
Jim

On Wed, 26/8/15, Sandie Mourão <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Subject: ELTRP Report available
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Date: Wednesday, 26 August, 2015, 23:43

 Dear all,
 Apologies for cross posting.

 A report on a year-long
 collaborative research project, funded by a British Council
 ELT Research Partnership grant, is now available online
 - Robinson, P., Mourão, S. and Kang, N-J.
 (2015) English learning areas in pre-primary classrooms:
 an investigation of their effectiveness  London:
 British Council.

 In our
 report we attempted to integrate frameworks for
 teachers' practical application of the ideas, in
 addition to providing resources in the appendices which we
 hope will be appealing to teachers as well. Here is the
 link: https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/article/english-learning-areas-pre-primary-classrooms-investigation-their-effectiveness

 Please do share with colleagues,
 teachers, trainers and researchers.
 Best wishes,
 Sandie
 --
 Sandie Mourão (PhD)
 http://sandiemourao.eu - http://picturebooksinelt.blogspot.com/

 Out
 now!
 Mourão, S. & Lourenço, M.
 (Eds.) 2015 Early
 Years Second Language Education: International
 Perspectives on Theories and Practice. Abingdon: Routledge.

 Vol 3.1 May 2015 http://clelejournal.org/ Children's
 Literature in English Language Education (CLELEjournal)