Next Thursday's meeting of the W3C group is going to attempt to resolve
Issue #76 [1] regarding the treatment of AND and OR in SHACL. Here's a
brief statement of the question:

"The Data Shapes WG is currently discussing whether the operands of AND
and OR constraints shall be evaluated in order (from left to right) or
in an undefined order. They would appreciate input on what would match
the users' expectations better. (In most programming languages the
ordering matters and can be used to take control of performance, while
in query languages such as SPARQL the order does not matter)."

Since this is more of a user question than a SHACL engine question,
we've been asked to advise the group on our preference.

kc
[1] http://www.w3.org/2014/data-shapes/track/issues/76
--
Karen Coyle